- Offen Petroleum, Inc. began as Reedy
Coal and Fuel Company in the late 1930s. In 1967 Jim
and Ester Offen purchased the company and changed the name to Offen Inc., a fuel and lubricants distributorship as well
as a small real estate developer.
- In 1977 Offen Inc. was purchased by
Jim Eichenberger, Jack Shupe, and Fred Ashley and was incorporated
under the name Offen Petroleum, Inc. in 1988.
- In 1992 Jim Eichenberger became sole owner
of Offen Petroleum, Inc. and hired Leo Gallagher as operating
- In January 1997 Bill Gallagher and Gwen Gallagher
Stukey purchased Offen Petroleum, Inc. from Jim Eichenberger
and established Offen as one of the premier Texaco fuel
and lubricants distributors along the Front Range of Colorado.
- In 2000, Offen adds Phillips 66 fuels to their family of partners with the opening of their first
branded Phillips 66 retail outlet in Niwot, Colorado.
- In 2001 Offen expands to the Northern
Colorado area with a branch in Greeley and two unbranded gasoline
retail outlets in the fast growing communities of Eaton and Greeley: U Fill It Greeley and U Fill It Eaton.
- In 2003, Sinclair fuels become the
newest addition to Offens family of brands with the
rebranding of one convenience store and one diesel cardlock to
the Sinclair brand.
- Offen chooses Shell lubricants
as a new branding partner adding the popular Rotella and Aeroshell brands to their offerings.
- In December 2003 Offen becomes a Conoco fuel distributor teaming with Colorados premier brand for
the first time.
- Blue Sun Biodiesel and Offen team up for the grand opening of first retail outlet for Biodiesel
within the city limits of Denver with Mayor Hickenlooper on hand
on May 19, 2004.
- 2012 Offen partners with Valvoline to carry their full line of Commercial and Industrial lubricants.
- May of 2012 Offen Petroleum, Inc. moves to their new headquarters at 5100 E 78th Ave. Consolidating their entire wholesale fuel, fleet and lubricants operations onto one 5 acre parcel.
- Offen adds Total Lubricants to the supplier line-up in October of 2013...carrying their full line of C&I as well as passenger car motor oils.
- July of 2015 Offen purchases Riggi Oil of Commerce City. Adds a local wholesale fueling business as well as a Commercial Fueling facility to their retail locations at 6795 Brighton Blvd in Commerce City.
- July of 2016 Offen purchases the building and land adjacent to their headquarters at 5200 E 78th Avenue to house the transportation division of Offen, and to begin in-house maintenance of their fleet of trucks.
- Offen adds the full BP Castrol product line to their lubricants offering
- December 2017 - Lariat Partners, a Denver-based private equity firm, makes a significant investment in Offen Petroleum. "The strategic investment that Lariat Partners has made in our company will continue to fuel our growth," states Bill Gallagher, Offen Petroleum's CEO. "We have consistently grown over the past 20 years and this investment from Lariat will allow us to continue expanding into new markets through both greenfield locations and strategic add-on acquisitions."
- August 2018 - Offen Petroleum announces the aquisition of Overland Petroleum's business interests creating one of the largest fuel distributors in the Greater Rocky Mountain region. "As leaders in our core markets, the combination creates a stronger company, better able to optimize the utilization of our fleet assets and expand upon our supplier relationships as we continue to efficiently serve our valued customers," said Bill Gallagher, CEO of Offen Petroleum... Click to read more.
- June 2019- Court Square Capital Partners - Lariat Partners, a Denver-based private equity firm, announces the sale of its ownership interest in Offen Petroleum , one of the largest fuel distributors in the Western U.S., to Court Square Capital Partners . Bill Gallagher, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Offen Petroleum, said,"I appreciated my relationship with Lariat and I look forward to working with the Court Square team as we build upon Offen's already strong performance." ... Click to read more .
|For more information about
Offen Petroleum, please call
Or CLICK HERE to send us an email now.
We look forward to serving you!